Ruminations, ravings, and grassroots journalism collide - just don't mention the B-word.

Saturday, May 14, 2005

The Journey Begins

T-minus 6.5 hours until I start my trek out to Dulles Airport and then across the country at 30,000 feet to get to LAX - Los Angeles International. I return to the West Coast after six years with a new purpose - the Electronic Entertainment Expo. E3, as most know it, is the biggest show in gaming every year, where corporations bring out their big guns and show off all the cool stuff they've been working on. This year will be huge at E3 - Microsoft has already debuted their next-generation game console system, the Xbox 360, and Sony is debuting the PlayStation 3 on Monday. There are rumors that Nintendo has an ace up their sleeve as well.

I'll be posting to this blog from my iBook every night - E3 starts on May 18, so before then I will be posting thoughts on what I'm expecting and what I'm looking forward to. Expect a metric crapload of pictures, both from my aging Olympus digital and my shiny new Motorola V551 cameraphone.

I might even post from the floor at E3, since it seems like I'll have wireless access and e-mail posting. So keep an eye out, and if anyone has requests or ideas for what to cover, e-mail me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home